Saturday, May 26, 2007

Klimt and Egon














This is my lastest painting. It's kind of study using references from other paintings . I combined the painting from Gustav Klimt and the landscape one from Egon Schiele. I love both artists' works. After I had finished painting, I felt like I should know more about their biographies, so I read more about both of them. Apparently, I found out that Egon, who was inspired by his mentor-Klimt, died when he was just 28. If you want to know more, just go http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egon_Schiele That made me feel sad for this young talented artist. However, I'm glad that I combined the paintings. It has become an homage to both artists.

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

that's really something chanya! is this also acrylic? how big is this, and do you an outlet to hang/show these paintings? sorry to hit you with so many questions at once.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Chanya Hetayothin said...

Yep, James. This is also acrylic. I don't know the actual size, but it's definitely bigger than 19x24" and I think I'll hang it in my place...(^.^")

3:56 PM  
Blogger nunggu said...

when are you going to bring that master piece to our apartment ? hehe...i don't know much about painting, but i'm sure this must be one of the best of your work.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Firefly said...

add me chanya!!!

12:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like it. Goodluck on your WB interviewing.

12:41 AM  
Blogger killerpenguin said...

Heh, very hectic... but I'm sure it's just how you like it. :)P

10:40 AM  
Blogger Michelle Lopes said...

This is a beautiful painting - extremely well done. I love the colors. Can I steal it?

4:27 PM  
Blogger Michelle Lopes said...

And I meant that in a "physically entering your apartment and taking it home" sort of way...um, but less creepy?

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it the same artist that u showed me his book last night? nice nice.

oui

1:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Amazing~! It looks really cool.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home